FINDING a fun but appropriate Secret Santa gift can be tough, especially if you’re limited to a small budget.
According to Natasha Rachel Smith of TopCashback.co.uk, you should crack on early to alleviate the stress of present buying.
She said: “If you don’t know the person you are buying for that well, do some digging by checking out their social media channels or asking mutual friends or colleagues.”
Here are Rachel’s tips to being the perfect Secret Santa:
- Don’t go over budget. Everyone is spending the same amount of money, so don’t try to impress by spending more.
- When shopping online, go directly to the stocking fillers page as you’ll find lots of presents, usually broken up by price range.
- If you are thinking of getting a Christmas-themed gift it might pay to wait. Shops often ramp up discounts as December 25 nears.
- Homemade gifts are thoughtful, and can save you a lot of money. A pot of homemade jam or a knitted scarf are great options.
- When you are buying gift sets — which are often on 3 for 2 offers — it’s worth seeing if you can split the contents to create more than one gift. The two biggest items could go to a family member or friend, while a smaller item could make a great Secret Santa present.
- Buying-second hand items from places like eBay and Etsy can dig up some real gems or unusual presents that will go down a treat.
- If you’re really stuck, you could get them a gift card for one of their favourite stores. TopCashback is offering money back on gift cards.
For example, when buying a gift card for New Look, you can get a five per cent discount.
STILL looking for the perfect tree? B&Q is discounting its 6ft woodland pine which was £20 and now costs £16.
ONE of the iconic Star Wars vehicles, Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder is now available at Toys R Us for a huge discount. This used to cost £499.99 and is now £246.96.
Spa Of Wonder body care gift set is on offer from £50 to £30 until next Thursday at Boots. Individually, the pamper products are worth £78.
SUE EDEN, from Hull, says: “Don’t throw away old washing-up gloves. Cut the cuffs into strips to make great rubber bands.”
- Send tips to sunsavers @the-sun.co.uk and get 28 codes worth £5 for any we print. Include your name and town.
IF “New Year, New You” is going to be your January mantra then you might be after a fitness watch to help you lose some of those festive pounds.
George at Asda is selling one for £18 – more than £80 cheaper than a Fitbit Charge 2, which usually costs at least £99.99.
IT’S time to start thinking about your Christmas turkey – and we’ve done the hard work for you.
We compared prices for fresh, frozen and fancy birds, and found Tesco and Morrisons came out on top.
But if you prefer going local, use findabutcher.co.uk to locate your nearest butcher.
Win £15k bundle for Christmas
IT is now too late to join in with our £15,000 Christmas bundle competition with Co-op Electrical.
The prize includes kitchen gadgets, AEG appliances, Samsung TVs and an iPad. But if you have started, here is today’s code, left. T&Cs apply.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
All we’ll ask of you is your name, your date of birth and an email address to get you on the way to your first crisp fiver.
You can choose to save or cash out straight to your bank account or instantly with Paypal.
Don’t delay — join Sun Savers now!