FC Barcelona transfer news, rumours – LIVE! Latest on Griezmann, De Ligt and Coutinho from Camp Nou

0
30


Barcelona transfer news, rumours – LIVE!

Barcelona find themselves in the curious position of potentially entering the summer transfer window as disappointed domestic double winners.

Ernesto Valverde‘s side looked odds-on for a superb treble campaign as they travelled to Anfield for the second leg of their Champions League semi-final 3-0 up against Liverpool.

However, a spectacular 4-0 collapse on Merseyside has threatened to completely overshadow their LaLiga title triumph, while the Copa del Rey Final against Valencia will be of scant consolation to Barca fans – or Lionel Messi, who had made the Champions League his main target this year.

Philippe Coutinho does not appear to be part of those plans after losing the trust of both the Barca fans and board, while Ousmane Dembele’s injury woes make it increasingly likely that the club will seek out additional firepower.

Frenkie de Jong has already been signed, while Antoine Griezmann has informed Atletico Madrid his is leaving the club – paving the way for a move to Barca when his release clause drops to 120 million euros on July 1.

De Jong’s Ajax team-mates Matthijs de Ligt and Donny van de Beek could also end up at Camp Nou, but Barca face a tricky task this summer as they seek top talent while also having to manage a huge wage bill.

Follow all the latest Barcelona transfer news and rumours LIVE!

Live Updates





Griezmann to leave Atletico

 

 

Ben Hayward brings us the big news from last night that Antoine Griezmann has confirmed he will leave Atletico Madrid this summer amid speculation of a move to Barcelona.

The French forward was wanted by Barca last year, but ultimately opted to stay at Atletico as he announced his intentions in a documentary entitled “The Decision”, which aired at the start of the World Cup.

He went on to win that tournament with France and kicked off the season by winning the UEFA Super Cup as Atletico beat Real Madrid, but he has now chosen to move on and transmitted his decision to the club on Tuesday.

“After speaking to Cholo (Simeone), (CEO) Miguel Angel [Gil Marin] and the people in the offices, I wanted to speak to the fans who have shown me a lot of affection next,” Griezmann said in a video message posted by Atletico on social media.

“I have made the decision to leave, to see new things, to have new challenges and it is with great difficulty that I have taken this path. It’s what I feel and what I need.

“These have been five great years in which I have won my first important club trophies. It has been a very important period. You are in my heart and that is why, after speaking to the coach and club, I wanted you to know.

“I have enjoyed it so much, I gave everything on the pitch, I tried to be a good guy with the fans. I tried to bring joy to the people at the Wanda Metropolitano and also away from home. I have nothing but gratitude for you.”

Griezmann, who has scored 133 goals in 256 games for Atletico and won three trophies with the Rojiblancos, has a release clause of €200million, but that will drop to €120m on July 1.

ES COVERAGE



Hello and welcome back to the Evening Standard‘s LIVE rolling coverage of all the latest Barcelona transfer news, gossip and rumours!



That’s all from us tonight. 

 

Join us for more transfer news and gossip bright and early tomorrow morning. 



Confirmed: Griezmann set for Atletico exit

 

Atletico Madrid have confirmed Antoine Griezmann has asked to leave the club this summer.

 

Atletico confirmed their player’s desire to leave via their social media channels on Monday evening alongside a goodbye message from the 28-year-old

 

“It has been an incredible five years. Thank you very much for everything. I’m going to start a new challenge,” Griezmann said.

 

Barcelona have been strongly linked with a move for the France international who has a €125m release clause written into his contract at the Wanda Metropolitano.



Griezmann asks to leave Atletico – reports

 

Antoine Griezmann kept Atletico Madrid waiting last summer regarding a decision about his future. Not this time.

 

The Frenchman has, according to multiple news outlet in Spain, informed the club of his desire to leave this summer, with Barcelona reportedly his intended destination.

 



De Ligt heading to Spain?

 

We’ve heard about Barcelona reportedly looking into bringing Donny van de Beek to the Camp Nou. Now Marca suggest 19-year-old Matthijs de Ligt could follow him.

 

After the Eredivisie club’s incredible run to the Champions League semi-final, the Catalans reportedly have their eye on bringing van de Beek and de Ligt to join Frenkie De Jong for the 2019-20 season.

 

Catalan TV station Esport 3 even claimed the player’s agent Mino Raiola met in Monaco with Barca officials to tie up personal terms. 

 

If it proves to be the case, the Spanish champions will need to dig deep into their pockets. 



New Barca kit leaked

 

Barcelona haven’t officially released their new kit for the 2019-20 season but the kit has been leaked on social media – and the design has certainly got people talking.

 

The new strip has adopted a checkered design for the first time in the club’s history in a tribute to Croatia’s famous pattern.

 

A nice tribute to Ivan Rakitic, if he does end up leaving the Camp Nou!

 



Barca battle Real for Ajax star

 

Barcelona are reportedly keen to pair up Frenkie De Jong with his Ajax team-mate Donny van de Beek at the Camp Nou – but they could face competition from arch rivals Real Madrid.

 

The 22-year-old caught the eye in the Dutch club’s enthralling run to the Champions League last four, scoring against both Juventus and Tottenham before their semi-final exit.

 

Van de Beek has scored 17 goals in all competitions this season and Mundo Deportivo suggest the Catalan giants want to the tireless midfielder to join his fellow Ajax graduate De Jong in moving to La Liga.

 

But with Real Madrid planning a big summer of spending, they could have a bidding war on their hands.



Adios Ivan?

 

Mundo Deportivo, the Catalan-based newspaper, reports that Ivan Rakitic could be the high-profile casualty as a result of Frenkie De Jong’s summer arrival.

 

With Ole Gunnar Solskjaer planning a major overhaul this summer, and United losing Ander Herrera on a free transfer, the report claims Manchester United could make a move for the 31-year-old, who signed for the Blaugrana from Sevilla in 2015.



 

More on Barcelona’s reported interest on Antoine Griezmann now – here’s what the Spanish papers are saying.

Catalan newspaper Sport said on their front cover that Barca have set their sights on the Atletico Madrid star again and plan to fund paying his release clause of €120million by selling Brazilian Philippe Coutinho, who cost them a club-record €165m.

Spanish newspaper Marca said that Atletico’s squad believe Griezmann’s departure is ‘feasible’ while radio station Cadena Ser said the Frenchman is looking to leave the Madrid outfit after ending the campaign trophyless.

 

Griezmann has been Atletico’s talismanic figure since joining from Real Sociedad in 2014, but the club’s finances have been stretched by his ever rising salary, which Marca say exceeds €20m per year after tax.



De Ligt to join De Jong at Barca?

 

The summer rebuild in Catalonia continues as, according to a various outlets, Matthijs de Ligt is close to finalising a move to Barcelona.

 

With Frenkie de Jong agreeing a €75 million (£65m) move to Camp Nou in January, his Ajax team-mate is now expected to join him.

 

An announcement could be made this week, with Ajax set to be crowned Eredivise champions on Wednesday night.



Coutinho to Chelsea?

 

This is a bit unexpected, but Goal reports that Chelsea could look to replace Eden Hazard with Philippe Coutinho – providing their transfer ban is delayed, of course.

With Barcelona keen to offload the Brazilian after two underwhelming seasons at Camp Nou, Coutinho could be the right sort of player at the right sort of price for the Blues.



Griezmann to Camp Nou?

 

 

It has been a strange season for Barcelona – they are on the verge of completing a domestic double, but the campaign will be remembered for one game: Anfield.

Barca can add the Copa del Rey to their LaLiga title triumph later this month, but the Champions League continues to elude them.

With Philippe Coutinho’s future looking uncertain at Camp Nou, Antoine Griezmann remains an option – and Spanish outlet Cadena Ser reports that Atletico Madrid are worried that the French star will leave this summer.

According to the report, the club will meet the player’s representatives this week – though Atletico fear Griezmann has already told Barca he will be playing for them next season.



Hello and welcome to the Evening Standard’s LIVE rolling coverage of all the latest Barcelona transfer news, gossip and rumours!

Can’t see the blog? Click here for the desktop version.



Read The Story Here

SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here