In a Blood Red podcast special, WWE superstar Sheamus joined the ECHO’s tag-team of Paul Gorst and Joe Rimmer to speak about his love of Liverpool FC.
The Irishman, from Dublin, grew up a massive Liverpool fan and can’t wait to watch the Reds take on Real Madrid in Kiev. The Celtic Warrior has been hugely impressed with Jurgen Klopp’s impact at Anfield, as well as the form of some of the Reds’ oft-criticised players.
Sheamus also tells us what it’s like to follow Liverpool while on the road with WWE, why he is hoping it’s not ‘Rusev Day’ on May 26 and which Superstars fancy themselves at on a football pitch.
The three-time WWE Champion explains why he had to persuade Vince McMahon to let him wear a Liverpool shirt to the ring in Manchester, and there are also great insights into life as a WWE Superstar, his tag-team with Cesaro and whether he’d trade another WWE Championship for a sixth European Cup.
He also has some choice words for former Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczęsny, as well as Cristiano Ronaldo.
Don’t miss any of our regular Blood Red podcasts absolutely free by subscribing here :
On Apple Podcasts
1) Search for Blood Red and find the Liverpool Echo podcast or go straight to https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/blood-red/id1109064476
2) Click subscribe under the Blood Red podcast logo
3) If you like what you’ve heard, give us a nice rating – it helps us reach even more fans
1) Go to https://www.acast.com/.
2) Search for ‘Blood Red podcast’ in the top right hand corner.
3) Click the show you want to listen for FREE.
Spotify subscribers can also find Blood Red in the podcast section of the app.
- You can also find daily, free-to-try podcasts in the Anfield+ section of the LFC Echo app. The app is free to download and is available for Apple devices HERE and Android devices HERE . Once you have downloaded the app, tap on the Anfield+ section to listen to our new podcasts – as well as firm-favourites Blood Red, Poetry in Motion and Allez Les Rouges.